11.8.08

ist World



ist World is an interesting, and perhaps useful, website that tries to link people (researchers), organizations, companies, etc. (n.b. ist is German for it is) For instance, I was interested in learning about the Genome Damage and Stability Centre at Sussex. Over at the ist page, I can see that it is associated with Sussex and what other departments at the uni.

If I use the from page search for DNA Damage and Repair. I get a list of 324 organizations in the European Research Dataset and 55 experts. This is obviously useful for looking for collaborators in areas of expertise which you don't possess and also places them geographically. I can detail my search results, for instance only organizations in Germany and then I'm left with 42 options. After that things get a little messy. I would be nice for links directly to the organization homepages, and a more clear listing of the results, but it makes for a good lead into searching.

No comments: