5.12.08

Is this it?

I can't remember how I got subscribed to Jack Cheng's Blog, I think it was this recent post on "Maxing out your triangle" (summary: the best things in life let you learn and make lotsa moula while you enjoy yourself - thanks for the advice!!). In any case in my moments of procrastination today I started going through some old posts.. lots of get-what-you-want, get-it-now go-get-it got-to-get-happy babble which kinda put me off. For example, this post: "The Illness"

Tomorrow you visit the doctor and find out you have a life-threatening illness. There’s no cure. Nobody knows how much longer you have to live. It could be a few weeks. It could be a few months. It could be a few years. Possibly longer. The only thing that’s certain is that you will die. You won’t experience any physical pain as a result of the illness. One day you’ll just go to sleep and you won’t wake up again.

If this happened to you, how would you change your life? What would you do right away? What would you do after that? The answer to those questions is what you should be doing right now.

Thanks for the advice!! It sounds alot like "live in the moment" "live like it's your last day" but I'm sure it's completely different. Living my life like I only have a few months to live is not going to help me live it if I don't have only a few months to live! Why is that so difficult to understand?

No comments: