26.12.08

Lenny and the Money. Halleluah

via MBV

Lotsa drama over in the UK over Lenny's Hallelujah. X-factor winner Alexandra Burke makes a mushy ballad outta one of the most brilliant songs ever (the video is also really lame). Of course, Jeff Buckley fans won't stand for it. I agree, Buckley's Hallelujah is probably one of the best songs I have ever heard. I bought the Grace album on vinyl just for this song and it's absolutely stunning, you can hear ever note in every instrument and the man can sing! If I didn't have to keep getting up to reset the needle I'd put it on repeat all night. But also KD Lang gives it a pretty descent treatment on her Hymns album.

From The Times: Hallelujah hits number one and two slots in Christmas charts (with lots of links to different covers... including a torturous rendition by Kermit).

Also... SkyNews has a wonder piece on the controversy. I love how the English can be absolutely serious about absolutely anything.




No comments: