15.7.09

Brillelust

ok, I confess. I have a long-standing eyeglass fetish obsession lust habit fascination. I have been buying frames on and off for the past ten years and have a descent collection to get lenses fitted into, including antique pinchnez and the ones with springs that wrap around your ears, remember those? (probably not, if you're younger than 90). I remember as a teenager lusting after a pair of too expensive LA Eyeworks frames that I couldn't afford. Whenever I passed by a high-end eyeglass shop I would just go in and casually try them on and pretend like I had never seen them. Don't pretend like you haven't done the same. And I still remember loosing a pair of Ray Bans at Lady Bay in Sydney - that hurts! My most recent acquisition is a pair of Swiss military issue glasses (circa 1960s) that I found at a flea market. Beautiful! And they only cost me a few euros. Should I be ashamed to admit that I have prescription glasses and sunglasses that i) I don't even wear and ii) that I wear only with specific outfits? Sometimes I will forgo sunglasses, even thou I have several pairs, if I feel it doesn't match my outfit. I know it's starting to get out of control, but I can't stop it.

Needless to say I'm a big fan of good quality sunglasses. The cheap ones will give you headaches, destroy your eyesight and in the long run cost you more money! They are worth the investment, and my favourite sunglass company is Ray Ban. I mean just look at these glasses: They are part of the 2009 Wayfarer colors collection. I mean these beauties are seriously going to be classics. Those are the glasses you'll still be wearing in 15 years. And Ray Ban lenses are hard to beat unless you jump to polarized Revos, but then you're spending about four times as much.





I need a cold shower.



No comments: