29.9.09

Trans im Büro

The Harvard Business Review is not yet, I will admit, part of my regular reading diet. But I have to give kudos to this case study:
When Steve Becomes Stephanie. I ran across it while studying for a recent case interview.

The case is about how to deal with a transsexual employee who is going to undergo sexual-reassignment surgery. I am really impressed that such a topic is included in what I'd consider a main-stream business publication. The simple fact of reaching a wider heterosexual audience, who would normally never be presented with such issues, is noteworthy.

The only disappointing part is that mostly all the commentators identify themselves as trans or queer. It would be so nice to read the first impressions of people who have no background in the topic. But in any case, I can feel the gears turning, this is a fantastic way to get people thinking about sensitive situations.

No comments: