25.6.09

Pancakes Go Veg

Tomorrow is my Abschiedsparty (farewell party - you are basically obligated to give a good-bye party in Germany. Did I mention you also have to throw your own Birthday parties at work? As in you are supposed to bring your own Birthday cake).

Anyroad, I'm doing the Calgary inspired pancake breakfast instead of an evening party or afternoon cake. I decided to save my colleagues the trials of vegan pancakes so I'm going to try a recipe from allrecipes.com:



Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

Those things have 4.5 / 5 stars with over 2400 reviews! Reading them, I have come to believe that the recipe comment is truly a window into a nation's soul. Here are some reviews that are enlightening:

TEVANS211 points out:
...decided I'd make the recipe just as it calls and I recommend not changing a thing (except maybe adding 1/2 tsp of vanilla to your egg mixture).

Karl Fish tell us:
Yesterday I ran out of Aunt Jamima pancake mix and I said to my girlfriend "I gotta buy some more Aunt Jamima." And she said "Buy mix? I always laugh when people do that." And I said "what do you mean?" And she said "I make pancakes from scratch." So I figured I'd look up a recipe here. It took a while to find one that I wanted to try (I was tempted with the fluffy Canadian ones 'cause I'm Canadian) but then I saw all the reviews for this one and it sounded good.

Butterfly Flutterby notes:
I read close to 200 reviews before I made these up and this is what I came up with: I doubled the recipe to make sure I hd enough for four of us as others felt that the serving size is off, I have a ton of batter leftover - good for me, it will keep)

No comments: