12.6.09

The Italy I know, pt. II

After the time with my relatives I was able to spend a couple days with my Father in Rome.

And what is Rome without a visit to the Colosseum:


But Rome is full of surprises, like wine with the image of the last Pope. If that isn't absurd enough, they are right beside wine with the image of Il Duce (Mussolini)! Who would buy a bottle of wine with a picture of Mussolini on it?

(by the way, 12,50EUR is way too expensive for a regular bottle of wine, normally you can get a decent bottle of wine for 3EUR)

I also really liked these church pews, you can decided to kneel on cushion or on wood, if you are really hard core you can bring your own dry chick peas to kneel on.


I also found the most hideous motorbike I've ever seen, it's something like training wheels for adults:


And I absolutely refuse to go to Rome without visiting my favourite restaurant: Osteria Jenny a San Lorenzo (Piazza dei campani):


If you are ever in Rome, I seriously recommend that you make the effort to visit the San Lorenzo neighbourhood for dinner and drinks. It's a mostly student area so things are laid back and cheap and completly non-touristic. There are lots of other good restaurants in the neighrourhood aswell. A couple years ago I stayed at a B&B there, which was nice but it's not very well connected to the rest of the city.




No comments: